Delicious Veggie Burger Recipe – Homemade Veggie Burger – Black Bean Burger Patties
💬 Let me know if you enjoyed my Vegan Burger Patties recipe?
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS: (8 to 9 Patties)
2 Cups / 1 Can (540ml – low sodium) of Cooked Black Beans (Rinsed/well drained)
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Cups Onion – chopped
2 Tablespoon Garlic
2 Cups Finely Grated Carrot (240g)
2 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
Salt to taste (I added 1+1/4 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt)
1 Tablespoon White Vinegar (I added White Wine Vinegar)
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup / 60ml Passata or Tomato puree
1/2 Cup / 80g Chickpea Flour OR Gram Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 to 3 Tablespoon Oil for frying the patties
Vegan Mayo + Sriracha Sauce to taste
To a heated pan add oil, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and fry on medium heat until the onion is caramelized. Add finely chopped garlic and fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Next add the black beans, Paprika, Cumin, Black pepper, Cayenne, salt and mix well. Fry the beans until all the moisture is evaporated and the beans are almost DRY. Regulate the heat if needed – to prevent the spices from burning. Add the finely grated carrot and mix. Cook on medium to medium-high heat until the carrots are cooked, moisture evaporated and the mixture is dry. Turn off the heat and then mash most of the beans. Allow the mixture to cool down UNCOVERED.
Add white vinegar, balsamic vinegar, tomato puree and mix. Then add chickpea flour and baking soda and mix thoroughly. Knead the dough with your hands until the ingredients are completely combined.
Oil a 1/3 cup and also rub oil on your palms to prevent the dough from sticking while forming patties. Make 1/2 inch thick patties. Fry as many as you want and store the rest of the raw patties in the refrigerator for later.
(NOTE: You could make these patties in advance and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container separated/lined with parchment paper for 4 to 5 days. This recipe is perfect for meal prep)
To a heated pan, add 2 to 3 Tablespoons of oil. Let the oil heat up and then add the patties – 3 or 4 at a time, do not over crowd the pan. Now reduce the heat to medium-low to low (depending on the heat of your stove) and cook it for about 3 minutes or so. Cooking on lower heat will prevent the patties from burning and will also cook the chickpea flour properly and prevent any raw flour taste.
Flip the patties and cook for about another 3 minutes on medium-low heat. Towards the end turn the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 seconds or so to give a slight char/crust. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from the pan and on a plate lined with paper towel. This will prevent the patties from getting soggy and will also soak any excess oil.
Let it slightly cool down and serve with your favorite dip or make a burger. This recipe is perfect for meal prep.
▶️ IMPORTANT TIPS:
– Make sure to fry the beans until all the moisture is gone and the beans are DRY and only then add the grated carrots and then again cook until the moisture is gone and the mixture is dry. This will prevent the dough from getting soggy
– The White vinegar cuts down the sweetness of the carrots and enhances the flavour of the beans by adding a very slight sourness. It also reacts with the baking soda and makes the patties less dense. The Balsamic Vinegar adds a unique sweet fermented flavour to the patties. So please do not skip it
– Cooking the patties on a lower heat will prevent the patties from burning and will also cook the patties evenly
– Towards the end of the frying process, turn the heat to medium-high for 30 seconds or so to get a nice golden crust/slight char. This adds a lot of flavour
– You can make these patties in advance and store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container separated/lined with parchment paper for 4 to 5 days. This recipe is perfect for meal prep.
✅ About Food Impromptu:
Welcome to Food Impromptu! Food Artist, Plant-Based and Vegan Recipes Creator 🌱
Here you will find easy and nourishing vegan recipes for your everyday cooking. My goal is to make the transition to a Plant Based diet achievable and effortless using everyday ingredients. I draw my inspiration from classic, traditional, and modern cuisines from around the world. I take pride in creating recipes and videos for your best viewing experience.
✅ Subscribe for Quick and Healthy Vegan Recipes:
✅ Follow Food Impromptu on Social Media:
#blackbeanburgerpattyrecipe #blackbeanburgers #veganburger #veganburgerrecipe #blackbeanburgerrecipe #veggieburgerrecipe #blackbeanburger #veganburgers #veganrecipes #veganburgerpatties #howtomakeblackbeanburgers #vegetarianburger
Original Source Link