These banana oat cookies are seriously simple to make and are delicious. You can literally add any of your favourite ingredients to it. And they are cooked within 15 minutes and are a great way to use up the porridge oats in the press.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- Drop of organic vanilla extract
- Dark vegan chocolate
- Dried berries mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place oats (I used gluten free oats as I am a coeliac) in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it’s perfectly alright if it’s not perfectly ground.
- In large bowl combined mashed banana with oats until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite add in; I used dark chocolate chips and a teaspoon of vanilla extract, along with linseed and mixed berries mix.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Drop dough by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten a bit with a rubber spatula. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated.
- Makes about 8 large cookies.
Enjoy! Guilt free cookies that pack a decent carb hit.