It’s that time of year again folks! 🎄🎄🎄
This Whole Roast Cauliflower will be guaranteed to satisfy any tastebuds at the Christmas Table gathering over dinner. Serve it with any of your favourite veg and carbs!
This Roast Cauliflower is packed with nutritious goodness. Just one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Without further ado, let’s get cooking ! Festive apron a must ☺️🎄👌🏼
Recipe:1 large cauliflower
1 tin of plum tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Small bunch of chopped flat-leaf parsley
Small bunch of fresh thyme
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons of Sherry
40g of flaked almonds
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Peel & chop the garlic and add to a pestle and mortar with the paprika and half the thyme leaves and work to a rough paste, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Zest the lemon into a small bowl.
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting away the outer leaves and discarding the stalk and cut across the base so the cauliflower can sit flat. Rub the paprika paste over the cauliflower and place in a medium casserole pan and drizzle the sherry and lemon juice on top. Cover and place in the pre-heated oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown and gain that incredible roast glow ☺️
- Take the dish out of the oven and pour in the chopped plum tomatoes and drizzle a little more sherry and lemon juice on top for the goodwill of the Season thats in it with some extra thyme leaf and some crushed almond flakes spread on top. Place back in the oven for another 10 mines until the cauliflower is a roast golden colour of beauty.
- Take out of the oven and carve up with your favourite festive veg and a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley ! 🎄🎄🍴🍴