When the sun comes out it means it is time for fresh summer food. And this delicious strawberry & kale salad is freshly made in minutes and jam packed with one of Summer Times natural remedies for Hay Fever – Strawberries!
Nature usually provides a solution to cope with ailments – and in the case of hay fever, it’s strawberries. Strawberries, as well as other berries, are especially high in a bioflavonoid called quercetin. Quercetin, can also improve the health of capillaries and connective tissues. Because of this, the many benefits of quercetin include alleviating bruising, oedema, varicose veins, and fragile capillaries. A major benefit of quercetin is its ability to inhibit the release of histamine. So eat this lush salad and know that you are also being looked after by natures pharmacy.
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- 4 cups fresh organic curly kale
- 8 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 a large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (You can gently crush them with your hands)
- balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE – mix all the below together:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon of agave (honey will also do if you are a vegetarian or a vegan who eats honey – it’s a never ending battle and still open to debate)
- sprinkle sea salt & pepper
Steam the curly kale for about 60 seconds until it becomes a rich dark green and the leaves start to slightly wilt. Simply toss all ingredients together and a drizzle of dressing.
Serve immediately, preferably in the sunshine!